Hi all,just thought I'd take a few minutes to update my links on the sidebar. I've added an archive for Feminism Friday, in case you missed any 😉 – and an archive for some old favourites that got me (and sometimes others) worked up. Since my classes are soon to change, I listed some links for my summer curriculum. I also added a couple links under the addictions/distractions/guilty pleasures section. Time wasting is the name of the game when you're a student who specializes in procrastination!
In other news, I'm starting to get marks back, and I'm glad about that, it takes a lot of pressure off. I hate passing something in and then having to wait and wait for a grade – yuck! So far, I might just hang onto my dean's list status…
I've got a pretty ambitious lineup for summer courses, including one that is just two weeks long and will mean I'll have to take those two weeks off of work. I'll have to think about it, but it's not until August – it's called Empowerment, Gender and Development, and I think it would be really interesting. I'm hoping it might give some practical strategies for implementing feminist theory in development work. I'll also be taking Beginner's French at that time, which I'm kind of thinking will be a breeze, so the work load shouldn't be too crazy. I'm a bit more worried about May, I'm taking Ethics in the mornings and Gender and Work in the evenings, plus working in the afternoons. I'll be completely burnt out by the end, but we'll see if I can handle the reading assignments. I may drop the evening class and take it in the fall instead.
Other random thoughts:
- I am totally full of chocolate. Easter is a killer! I'm going to end up diabetic, I just know it.
- My cat is becoming really aggressive with grooming her head. I'm starting to get a bit worried – each day, there's a new little spot she's rubbed raw. She won't let me put Polysporin on her noggin to help it heal – she just washes it off. (I did this today, and she washed her little head with her paw for about 45 minutes getting it all off. That can't be good for her to ingest.) Any suggestions?
- I went shopping the other day and got all kinds of cute new skirts for the spring. And, I even bought self-tanner for my shockingly white legs (every 3 or 4 years, my whiteness bothers me and I long for honey-coloured skin). Now if only the sun would come out…
- I need a new coat for the spring. Ask my best friend, I've been complaining about it for weeks now. I guess I'll have to go shopping tomorrow night. Hmph.
- Alias returns tonight!!! I'm pretty excited, but I found out there's only 6 more shows left. I'm really pissed off/sad that the show is ending. But who to complain to?
- So… the birth of the quiet Cruise baby yesterday… oops, I meant the quiet birth of the Cruise baby… I keep singing "Surrey with a Fringe on Top" over and over in my mind… and I'm not even going to dignify the STUPID nickname the press has given the baby. WHY does my consciousness have to be so invaded with these WEIRDOS?
- Ironic that Brooke Shields also had her baby yesterday… I wonder what advice she might have for Katie should she develop PPD – 'cause diet and exercise doesn't cut it!
- Could Brad Pitt REALLY be the 100th UNsexiest Man of the year? Poor personal hygiene? Can it be true? Maybe Jenn was the one who did the walking…
There, my celebrity gossip is done for now. Whoo! Every now and then, these things catch my eye and I've just gotta let it out!
see y'all later – ALIAS will be on soon!