Okey-dokey, I got hit up twice today for the 8 things you don’t know about me meme, once by defenestrated and again by Kevin. it’s been a while since I’ve done a meme, and I don’t feel like doing any real blogging right now, so I’m happy for a light bit of fluffy memery. here’s the rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Alrighty then. let’s begin. 8 random facts about yours truly.
- I, like Kevin, am also always late. I hate mornings desperately. The morning is when I get my best sleep, and my best dreams. I like being a night owl very much, it suits me just fine, but the rest of the world runs on 9-5 and that makes me very cranky in the mornings. I have, however, perfected the art of the nap. 🙂
- I do not like answering the phone. It’s my introverted nature, I guess. I also don’t like to make phone calls. I do like to return phone calls. 😛
- I am terrible at keeping in touch with friends who have moved away. Terrible. Luckily, whenever we see one another, it’s like no time has passed at all.
- In person, I am an extremely pleasant person, very outgoing and friendly, enthusiastic, engaging, always helpful and generous, funny, and fair-minded. It’s unusual for people not to like me. I’m generally quite likable.
- I don’t give a shit if people don’t like me. Funny thing, considering the above.
- I am almost constantly achy. My job has wrecked my back, neck and shoulders, wrists, elbows, hands, and arms. My knees are kind of weak. And on top of that, I’m quite often sore from working out. I do a lot of yoga to try to keep on top of these things, but the basic fact for me is that something always hurts.
- My very favourite meal is chicken pot pie, and I make a really really good one. However, since I’m vegetarian, I haven’t had chicken pot pie in over a year, and I haven’t tried to make it with fake chicken strips or seitan or anything. I think I’ll try it out this weekend. Yum!
- I am a grand-orphan. No living grandparents. Didn’t really know them all that well to begin with. I also don’t have much in the way of extended family, and the ones I have I don’t know well, either. I’m an only child, and I’m nervous about my parents getting older and their health failing. It’s a lot of responsibility, and I wish I had someone to share it all with.
That’s all. Now I’m supposed to tag 8 people. This is the part of memery that I hate. I also hate copping out of it. My feed reader is really backed up, so forgive me if you’ve already donet his and I’ve missed it somehow. I tag: Roy, Tom, Simonne, Daniela, Ali, Marc Andre, Shannon, and….. Aulelia! (Basically, I picked all of you because you blog under a name that is a real name and not a screen name. ha!) Also, I’m breaking the rules and not posting a comment to let these folks know they’ve been tagged. Hopefully they’ll all figure it out soon enough. It’s my way of saying, Hey, no pressure. :O