when I start reading my way-overdue reader, I usually start with the blogs that have 1 or 2 new posts, and generally by people that I really like reading and feel friendly with. So this time, I started with Rainbow Girl. And the post was a meme. And I had a feeling she was going to tag me. and she did!
so here are my answers:
What were you doing ten years ago? (Five things)
First of all, really? jeez, that was a long while ago now, and thinking back that far makes me feel really old. but okay. I’ll play.
- working, as an aesthetician.
- being silly with my two best friends, Angel and Megan.
- newly dating a boy I truly loved, maybe the only one I ever have truly loved, even though it cost me a lot
- reading more poetry than I do anymore, which makes me sad
- buying way too much junk that I didn’t need
What were you doing one year ago? (Five things)
- starting the last year of my undergrad
- being silly with my best friend Angel, but long distance!
- having endless feminist debates/discussions with Martha and Kathleen
- getting ready to apply to law school
- working, as an aesthetician
Five snacks you enjoy:
well, I love RG’s answers, so I’ll show them to you, and then answer myself:
1) Children, medium-rare.
2) Made for me by other people.
3) Free food
4) The anti-feminist critiques. I eat them for breakfast.
5) Does an entire McCain cake count as a snack?
- ice cream
- apple slices dipped in chunky nut butter
- pico de gallo that I make myself and multigrain tortilla chips
Five songs you know the lyrics to:
Well, this is a silly question for me, because I have a ridiculous and completely not useful talent for remembering song lyrics. I kind of know all of them. but perhaps the most impressive is American Pie, Don McLean (yes!)
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire.
- pay off debt and invest money so I could have more millions
- give money to my family and friends
- start a foundation or charitable organization, or perhaps just pick a couple to donate lots of money to
- buy art
Five Bad Habits:
- I’m doing it right now: procrastination
- being oblivious to relatively important but incredibly boring administrative details of my life
- staying up really late, especially combined with:
- drinking too much wine
(I refuse to say swearing. I don’t think it’s a bad habit, I love it!)
Five things you like to do:
- see all of the above
- make fun of conservatives
- cook, bake, and eat
- play with my kitty
- have sex (well, it’s kind of the most fun way to pass the time, right?)
Five things you will never wear again.
- a lab coat
- a prom dress
- an ill-fitting bra
- glasses (I hope!)
- a uniform
Five favourite toys:
- hmmmm. this is hard. I guess my laptop
- and my mp3 player
- and my cell phone
- and my TV/DVD
- and my car
Five things you hate to do:
- say goodbye. I suck at it. I get all clingy, or I never talk to the person again. I don’t know any in between way to deal with my feelings of anxiety when I have to say goodbye to someone I care about.
- go to the doctor.
- be sick (yeah, I know, rock and hard place on those two)
- be cold
- get up early, particularly after staying up really late drinking too much wine
OK, so now I’m supposed to tag people. just please, nominate yourselves. I hate that cop out, but I also don’t like to nominate people. just do it, for me? you can leave it in the comments if you don’t have a blog!