Posted in Nothing of Import on August 23, 2007|
6 Comments »
… how cute my kitty is when she’s stalking moths! I live a relatively bug-free existence thanks to my cute little kitty, who loves to chase and catch and eat bugs. Tonight, she is stalking a moth that has wandered into my room and keeps coming to rest on the ceiling, which of course is out of kitty’s reach. But, it doesn’t stop her from obsessively watching, ears, whiskers, and tail all a-twitch. Plus, she makes these little funny sounds whenever she’s stalking something, like a kind of chirpy chattering sound similar to what birds make sometimes outside my window. I think when she does it she’s trying to mimic them, kind of like calling to them to trick them into coming closer – within striking distance!
other than that, I fell asleep writing my paper, woke up in a panic, and wanted to vomit as I really realized I’m moving in one week and I have three papers to write in the meantime plus pack up all my stuff. I hate my life right now.
Read Full Post »
I’ve been meaning to, wanting to, write something for ages. It just isn’t coming too easily these days, people. sorry.
maybe it’s too much going on in my life right now. maybe it’s feeling really split about leaving and yet starting something new. maybe it’s mental exhaustion from reading and thinking and writing so much this summer for school. maybe I just don’t have anything to say right now. I haven’t been reading any blogs lately, only my best friend’s. I haven’t been reading the newspaper, or my usual news feeds. I haven’t been listening to the radio, CBC, where I get my info. I haven’t even really been watching any TV, except SYTYCD and Canadian Idol and DVDs of Six Feet Under. And a really weird movie tonight called The Wicker Man. WEIRD.
I’m too lazy to even give you links on those. sad.
so, I don’t know what to tell you. I feel very boring lately. And nothing is really getting the fire in my belly going, either. And I have no motivation to even inform myself of something that could.
so I think I might string together some quotes I compiled for my thesis, to entertain you all a bit. I’ll do that tomorrow maybe. Maybe then you’ll understand why I have nothing to say lately! that thing sucked me dry.
I kind of feel tired all the time. I’m working out regularly and sleeping a lot, but still, tired and sleepy. I think some sushi might be in order.
does anyone else have anything interesting to talk about? wanna point me in the direction of some good posts you’ve read lately? news pieces? here we’ve got bratty fucking asshole kids hanging cats from trees and beating them to death with golf clubs.
tell me something good?
Read Full Post »
- my trip to my new city went great last week. found a good place to live, close to everything I need it to be close to, decent price. Got to hang out with a dear friend, and even did a teensy bit of end-of-season shopping. Walked until my hips ached – god I forgot about how city-walking makes my body hurt!
- finished up my job today, thank goodness. may I never have to touch another pair of feet again.
- Got lots to do – finish my distance course and thesis (almost done that one), and so will have some time to do that now.
- my to-do list is growing all the time… so many things to remember to accomplish before moving!
- just finished reading The Red Tent, by Anita Diamont. I can’t rave enough about this book. If you haven’t read it, please do yourself a favour and get it immediately. It’s a fictional imagining of the life of Dinah, sole daughter of the biblical Jacob (son of Isaac, son of Abraham), told from Dinah’s perspective. The author has given voice to the women of Jacob’s clan in a very unique way. The ‘red tent’ refers to the menstrual tent, and it’s presented as a celebration of womanhood, rather than a forced segregation. very nice.
- I’m on season 4 of Six Feet Under, for the second or third time now? god I loved those characters… but have been noticing some really sexist stuff going on, especially in the early seasons. can’t think of specific examples just now, but if I do I’ll bring it up.
- my kitty is lovey-dovey since I came back from my trip. good baby girl!
- I hate packing. I’m trying to do bits of it in the evenings so it’s not so overwhelming all at once. but I do hate it. Unpacking, however, is fun – I enjoy that!
- still thinking about a new laptop. Does anyone out there have experience with tablet PC? I’m looking at an HP tablet, thought it would be good for scribbling notes in class, as I do enjoy taking notes with a pen. Thoughts anyone?
- I haven’t been reading any of my usual blogs lately. I have no idea what’s going on. I’m sorry. I am overwhelmed by my feed reader right now, it makes me ill to think about scrolling through all those missed posts, but yet I feel nervous to miss a nugget of wisdom! I think I may just mark all as read and try to keep up from now on. 😦
- who’s your favourite on So You Think You Can Dance? Mine is Danny. But then, there’s Neil. And my god, Sabra! Oh dear, the decisions….
- I just saw The Bourne Ultimatum. Talk about smash hit! Holy shit! That boy can kick some ass! and drive some car! damn I love me some spy movies!
‘k, that’s all I got right now. anyone else have anything to discuss?
Read Full Post »
Okey-dokey, I got hit up twice today for the 8 things you don’t know about me meme, once by defenestrated and again by Kevin. it’s been a while since I’ve done a meme, and I don’t feel like doing any real blogging right now, so I’m happy for a light bit of fluffy memery. here’s the rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Alrighty then. let’s begin. 8 random facts about yours truly.
- I, like Kevin, am also always late. I hate mornings desperately. The morning is when I get my best sleep, and my best dreams. I like being a night owl very much, it suits me just fine, but the rest of the world runs on 9-5 and that makes me very cranky in the mornings. I have, however, perfected the art of the nap. 🙂
- I do not like answering the phone. It’s my introverted nature, I guess. I also don’t like to make phone calls. I do like to return phone calls. 😛
- I am terrible at keeping in touch with friends who have moved away. Terrible. Luckily, whenever we see one another, it’s like no time has passed at all.
- In person, I am an extremely pleasant person, very outgoing and friendly, enthusiastic, engaging, always helpful and generous, funny, and fair-minded. It’s unusual for people not to like me. I’m generally quite likable.
- I don’t give a shit if people don’t like me. Funny thing, considering the above.
- I am almost constantly achy. My job has wrecked my back, neck and shoulders, wrists, elbows, hands, and arms. My knees are kind of weak. And on top of that, I’m quite often sore from working out. I do a lot of yoga to try to keep on top of these things, but the basic fact for me is that something always hurts.
- My very favourite meal is chicken pot pie, and I make a really really good one. However, since I’m vegetarian, I haven’t had chicken pot pie in over a year, and I haven’t tried to make it with fake chicken strips or seitan or anything. I think I’ll try it out this weekend. Yum!
- I am a grand-orphan. No living grandparents. Didn’t really know them all that well to begin with. I also don’t have much in the way of extended family, and the ones I have I don’t know well, either. I’m an only child, and I’m nervous about my parents getting older and their health failing. It’s a lot of responsibility, and I wish I had someone to share it all with.
That’s all. Now I’m supposed to tag 8 people. This is the part of memery that I hate. I also hate copping out of it. My feed reader is really backed up, so forgive me if you’ve already donet his and I’ve missed it somehow. I tag: Roy, Tom, Simonne, Daniela, Ali, Marc Andre, Shannon, and….. Aulelia! (Basically, I picked all of you because you blog under a name that is a real name and not a screen name. ha!) Also, I’m breaking the rules and not posting a comment to let these folks know they’ve been tagged. Hopefully they’ll all figure it out soon enough. It’s my way of saying, Hey, no pressure. :O
Read Full Post »
what are the words you most often misspell or typo?
I’ve been typing all dang day long, and I’ve noticed some patterns.
I almost always linger too long on the shift key on words beginning with HA. Also happens a lot with apostrophes – I make them into quotation marks, I”ve noticed.
I can’t for the life of me remember whether it’s “devestating” or “devastating” (it’s the second). or whether it’s “tendency” or “tendancy” (it’s the first. See? English makes no sense!) It’s a devastating tendency!
I quite often leave the “t” in “the” and “this” and “these” at the end of the previous word. Liket his.
I’m sure I’ll think of more. What’re yours?
Read Full Post »